Since my previous post did so well, I thought I would continue with the topic of:
F A S H I O N
I am not a fashionista nor a stylist, just someone who enjoys dressing up for the odd occasion. [Well that’s if I’m not in my pyjamas or work uniform]. Today my lovely beautiful niece/best friend/photographer/stylist was home so I thought I would take advantage of this opportunity before uni starts and I once again neglect my ‘Creative Outlet’.
Necklace: Baazar in Turkey
Shoes: Op Shop
Bag: Orginially from Forever 21 but I bought it from the Op Shop
How beautiful is it. You can also use it as a clutch if you place the chain inside. There is nothing I love more than a versatile item.
So I was working around Chapel Street for the last 3 weeks and during my lunch breaks I went around to the numerous Op Shops in the area. Let me just say it was amazing and I was in heaven. I bought these shoes from a Salvos store and they were:
~BRAND SPANKING NEW
You may also be interested in my other posts:
Summer Lovin’ – Floral Blazer, White Shirt & Emerald Skirt
Floral Blazer Inspiration
FLORAL. STATEMENT. BLAZERS.
Colour Blocking with OVER-SIZED Blazers
My Instagram here
On Wednesday I planned to go to Queen Victoria Market with my friend for the annual ‘Night Market’. So, if you are not from Melbourne or Australia you may be asking ‘What on earth is that?’. Well, Queen Victoria Market also known as Queen Vic or Vic Market is a major landmark and tourist attraction in Melbourne, Australia. It is the largest(7 hectares) open air market in the Southern Hemisphere.
Every summer there is a Night Market held on Wednesday nights from 5 pm to 10 pm. The market “offers a unique platform for emerging designers, artists, musicians and foodies to showcase their talent at one of Melbourne’s favourite summer events.”
It is a great place to meet and hang out with your family and friends, enjoy the variety of food offered and appreciate the lovely atmosphere. There is a variety of different things to offer at this amazing event. There are numerous types of street foods from distinct cuisines such as Italian, Turkish, Danish, Korean and much much more. There are unique pieces of clothing, vintage items and handmade jewellery. Likewise there are exclusive artwork, beautifully crafted furniture, candles and makeup. My short description will not do justice to the things offered at the market.
I just wanted to offer a few tips and tricks to anyone who will attend this event or something similar.
– Make sure you wear comfortable shoes as there is quite a bit of walking.
– Take CASH! This is an very important thing as majority of the places do not offer card access and if there is an ATM there is definitely going to be a massive line.
– Make sure you are mentally and physically prepared to be pushed and surrounded by heaps of people. I was not feeling well so I did not have the best time as I was overwhelmed and also had an anxiety attack.
– If you are going to carry a bag, make sure it is not too heavy or too big.
These are some of the photos that I captured from the night. Overall I enjoyed myself with the delicious food and company!
Follow me on Instagram here
Like, Comment & Share
“New Year’s Resolutions”
What does everyone think when they hear this phrase? Well to be completely honest I think of people setting unrealistic goals for themselves, pursuing them for a maximum of 3 days, then sweeping it under the rug and eventually forgetting about it.
I want to do something a little different and realistic. I have compiled a list of goals for myself in 2015 and life in general. This may sound really similar to a new year’s resolution but there is a catch. I am putting them on my blog for everyone to see so that they may remind me or ask me about them. And sometime in 2015 I would like to look back and reflect on this blog post, see which ones I am actually doing and decide which ones were impractical. I hope that I can actually stick to these goals. These goals will be based on everything, from, spiritual to social and even studies. I hope that my goals may inspire or be of some help to my followers and I would love it if you could all help me reach my goals by messaging me to see how I am going.
- Consistency with PRAYER! This is the only thing on this list that is the most important thing to me both for this world and the next.
- Continuing along the lines of consistency, I must always remember that consistency is key with everything. Even if it is something small, it is very important for me to do it to the best of my ability and be persistent.
- Perform some sort of physical activity a minimum of 3 times a week. This does not always have to be attending the gym. It can be anything from a walk around the block to a 30 minute session of yoga.
- I must improve my health! This includes a healthy diet with a balance of food and physical activity. This is probably everyone’s number one goal.
- Listening to my body. I usually put off the things I need for my body. This includes going to the doctor when I am feeling poorly,WEARING COMFORTABLE SHOES(this is a big one) and pampering myself with masks.
- Putting my phone down more often to enjoy the things around me and conversing with my family and friends. Now that almost everyone has a smart phone it is so easy to get distracted by the many different types of social media available to us. I, like most people, unfortunately get carried away and when I am with family or friends I can’t help but look down at my phone.
- Stay focused with my studies! As I am a student at university, it is very important to concentrate on all my subjects. I do not want to make the same mistake as last year in semester 2. I was just so mentally and physically tired from semester 1 that I could not actually recover and this meant that I was not performing to the best of my ability. Likewise, this does not mean that I cannot do anything else but study, it is essential to have a balance with studying, socializing and relaxing.
- Spending my money sensibly. I usually get carried away when I go shopping or spend a ridiculous amount on food per week. I also have a very bad habit of buying unnecessary things which i do not need that are on sale. I would like to spend and save simultaneously.
- Organizing my time wisely. It is so easy to waste an excessive amount of time on useless things when you could be doing something more beneficial. I have bought myself a diary which will hopefully assist in achieving this goal.
- Keeping a diary. As I was speaking to my friend she mentioned that one of her goals was to keep a diary more often and this motivated me to do the same. It does not have to be the typical “Dear Diary” style but some quotes, pictures, stick some things and express my feelings through my writing.
These are just some of the goals that I have set myself. I hope that you have enjoyed this blog post and i hope it may help you set goals for yourself!
Follow me on Instagram here
Like, Comment & Share
Sorry for the inconsistency in my posts in the past week. I have been very busy with training for a volunteer position and went on a weekend getaway with my friends to the beach side. I am fortunate enough to have this opportunity to go away for a few days to a holiday house that we booked. Our house was located at Rye in Mornington Peninsula. It was definitely very relaxing and it felt good to get away from reality for a couple of days. Our house was very big with 5 bedrooms, a tennis court and even a swimming pool. Although the house was not clean, we all tried to make do with what we had, but it was very hard. It was possibly the worst house I’ve been to in terms of cleanliness. Since getting back from the holiday house I have discovered numerous mosquito bites everywhere. I am so annoyed because I can’t stop scratching! On a positive note, as it is Summer in Australia the weather was spectacular! The beach was beautiful, the water was crystal clear and shallow.
My outfits over the past couple days were very light and simple. I made sure that when I was packing, I included clothing that did not require ironing and was versatile. Shirts are a girls best friend during summer. They are so thin and perfect for a Hijabi (someone who wears a hijab). During Summer, I find it difficult to wear socks so I was basically living in my sandals. Likewise, I try not to carry around a big bag when I am going to do quite a bit of walking. I generally carried around my purse that I mentioned in my Khaki & Floral – OOTD post. It is so light weight and I can pack so much inside. Similarly, I was always wearing sunglasses outside. If you are anything like me, you will start crying every time you look up to the sun if you do not have sunglasses on.
During this holiday I have understood a lot about myself and the strengthening of friendships. Living in the same house with friends will either make you or break you. Thankfully I did not have any mental breakdowns during my break but I certainly improved my friendships. I am extremely thankful for all the supportive and loving friends I have, without them I would not be able to continue with this blog. Thanks to them I have so many amazing ideas for my blog! These girls truly made me feel special with all their supportive words, jokes and kind words.
I love you girls! ❤
I hope you enjoyed this blog post ❤
Link, Comment & Share
Please let me know what you would like to see in future post!