“New Year’s Resolutions”
What does everyone think when they hear this phrase? Well to be completely honest I think of people setting unrealistic goals for themselves, pursuing them for a maximum of 3 days, then sweeping it under the rug and eventually forgetting about it.
I want to do something a little different and realistic. I have compiled a list of goals for myself in 2015 and life in general. This may sound really similar to a new year’s resolution but there is a catch. I am putting them on my blog for everyone to see so that they may remind me or ask me about them. And sometime in 2015 I would like to look back and reflect on this blog post, see which ones I am actually doing and decide which ones were impractical. I hope that I can actually stick to these goals. These goals will be based on everything, from, spiritual to social and even studies. I hope that my goals may inspire or be of some help to my followers and I would love it if you could all help me reach my goals by messaging me to see how I am going.
- Consistency with PRAYER! This is the only thing on this list that is the most important thing to me both for this world and the next.
- Continuing along the lines of consistency, I must always remember that consistency is key with everything. Even if it is something small, it is very important for me to do it to the best of my ability and be persistent.
- Perform some sort of physical activity a minimum of 3 times a week. This does not always have to be attending the gym. It can be anything from a walk around the block to a 30 minute session of yoga.
- I must improve my health! This includes a healthy diet with a balance of food and physical activity. This is probably everyone’s number one goal.
- Listening to my body. I usually put off the things I need for my body. This includes going to the doctor when I am feeling poorly,WEARING COMFORTABLE SHOES(this is a big one) and pampering myself with masks.
- Putting my phone down more often to enjoy the things around me and conversing with my family and friends. Now that almost everyone has a smart phone it is so easy to get distracted by the many different types of social media available to us. I, like most people, unfortunately get carried away and when I am with family or friends I can’t help but look down at my phone.
- Stay focused with my studies! As I am a student at university, it is very important to concentrate on all my subjects. I do not want to make the same mistake as last year in semester 2. I was just so mentally and physically tired from semester 1 that I could not actually recover and this meant that I was not performing to the best of my ability. Likewise, this does not mean that I cannot do anything else but study, it is essential to have a balance with studying, socializing and relaxing.
- Spending my money sensibly. I usually get carried away when I go shopping or spend a ridiculous amount on food per week. I also have a very bad habit of buying unnecessary things which i do not need that are on sale. I would like to spend and save simultaneously.
- Organizing my time wisely. It is so easy to waste an excessive amount of time on useless things when you could be doing something more beneficial. I have bought myself a diary which will hopefully assist in achieving this goal.
- Keeping a diary. As I was speaking to my friend she mentioned that one of her goals was to keep a diary more often and this motivated me to do the same. It does not have to be the typical “Dear Diary” style but some quotes, pictures, stick some things and express my feelings through my writing.
These are just some of the goals that I have set myself. I hope that you have enjoyed this blog post and i hope it may help you set goals for yourself!
Follow me on Instagram here
Like, Comment & Share