I baked some scones using this quick and easy recipe.Scones are one of the easiest and quickest things to make while baking. With only a preparation time on 15 minutes and 20 to 25 minutes for baking, it will be ready before you know it. Likewise, there are minimal ingredients needed. I have been using this recipe for years. With only 3 ingredients, you do not even need to go grocery shopping to prepare, most of the ingredients you will already have at home.
Scones are perfect to make for tea parties and a gift to take to someones house while visiting. There are hundreds of recipes, some that include lemonade, raisins and even cheese. I serve my scones with sweetened whipped cream and whatever jam I have at home. On this occasion, I had apricot jam as a filling but I prefer to eat them with strawberry jam.
These scones do not have any salt or sugar in the recipe so they are neither savory nor sweet. You can try them with Nutella and cream or even a slice of tomato with some cheese. It is very important when making these scones that you sift the flour, this will ensure that they are light and have no lumps. Similarly, when kneading the dough, you must be as gentle as possible and avoid over kneading it. This will result in scones what will be tough.
A little trick I like to do once you have placed the scones in the tray is to put the tray above or close to the oven. This will help the scones to be fluffy, soft and assist in the rising of the dough.
3 cups self-raising flour
80g butter, cubed
1-1 1/4 cups of milk
Plain flour, for dusting
Flat- bladed knife
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with plain flour.
- Sift self-raising
- Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre. Add 1 cup of milk.
- Mix with a flat-bladed knife until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more milk if required.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth (do not over knead dough or the scones will become tough).
- Pat dough into a 2 cm-thick round. Using a round cutter, cut out the scones. Depending on the size of your cutter, amount of scones will vary.
- Place scones onto prepared baking tray, 1 cm apart. Sprinkle tops with little plain flour.]
I hope you enjoyed this blog post ❤
Link, Comment & Share
Please let me know what you would like to see in future post!